All about ME

My photo
Anchorvale Link, Singapore
A mother of 3 boys. I love motherhood! Married to a loving husband who adores his family. I am a Founder, Trainer and a Birth Doula certified, I loved my profession. All Rights Reserved. A courtesy notes, please do not republish, reprint or copy pictures without my permission. Greatly appreciated! Do leave me a note or so whenever you take a peek @ my blogs.. Cheers!!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earth Day - Minimal effort than nothing else...

Its Earth Week again. Or I might call it Save the Earth Week. This time, I believe I have put in extra effort. How about you? Have you done or contribute something?

Since young, my parents has implemented the needs to eat wisely, to the extend of taking supplements (organically claimed by some Companies) to maintain our health. Needless to say, I dread it. I hate the thoughts of drinking self-brewed tumeric drinks, any herbal concoctions by my mum & not forgetting those supplements that is super tasteless to my buds. I didn't appreciate it fully that time. But I have embrace the thoughts eventually. The global warming is one of my concern. I am not really putting 100% thoughts on it, but I tried as much as I can to do something towards reducing the danger of it.

Now, we are still in the midst of cultivating our kids to love the Earth, love the nature, protect the environment, minimise wastage - shop when necessary (its not about savings $$ totally) and lots more that we will try & try & try as long as we can. We also love organics veggies, pesticide free products, supplements that use less or none of synthetic additives; artificial colouring, chemical preservatives and fragrances.

Just for the record, Organic Products are made from ingredients that are grown without using pesticides, synthetic fertilisers, genetically modified organisms or radiation. Usually, these are labeled so you will not miss the info so easily.


What I have done for past years:
- recycled jeans into drink coasters
- recycled papers, reuse it
- recycled loosen socks as window wipes
- recycled clothes to wipe the floor before throwing it
- Breastfeeding reduce the usage of electricity to boil water, reduce plastic bottles
- Minimise waste. Only shop for items that will last me years.
- And cloth diapering, which I fall in love with it for such a long time
- Swith off electric appliances when not in use
- Bring own lunch box for my kids if possible
- Eat more veggies instead of meat, thou red meat are important in your daily diet.
- We purposely do not install any air-conditioners at home (we are lucky our house is a breeze-nope!its just a hdb flat!!)
- Our car is OPC, means we minimise our petrol usage.

And we are hoping to try more & do more & more.. You too!

Love the Earth!

No comments:

PRINCES OF ANCHORVALE CASTLE


The Office Room Curtain

The Office Room Curtain
The only curtain that I had sewn for past 5yrs!

Perfect Match

Perfect Match
I read this novel in early year 2008. A beautiful, sad, full of sacrifices family tale...

My Sister's Keeper

My Sister's Keeper
Another novel by Jodi Picoult, one of my favourite novelist. Read this in early 2008 too.. A heart-wrenching story about how sacrifices evolves and how a parents' love can affect you...Recently featured in StraitsTimes that a sequel will start soon in Hollywood. I cant wait!