All about ME

My photo
Anchorvale Link, Singapore
A mother of 3 boys. I love motherhood! Married to a loving husband who adores his family. I am a Founder, Trainer and a Birth Doula certified, I loved my profession. All Rights Reserved. A courtesy notes, please do not republish, reprint or copy pictures without my permission. Greatly appreciated! Do leave me a note or so whenever you take a peek @ my blogs.. Cheers!!

Thursday, April 1, 2010

My First April's entry

Its the 1st day of April. Time flies very fast. Tomorrow is Good Friday Public Holiday & the weekend will be a little bit longer than usual. We are not going anywhere tomorrow as Rid will be working until 7pm. I planned not to cook tomorrow & maybe just grab some bites with the boys. And maybe finish up my undone laundries, bedsheets, 30mins of sewing & ice-creams! Planned to, so that Saturday & Sundays will be free & more relaxing, cozying up with Chipmunks & Love.

  Ok, so the purpose of this entry is not about what I planned to do tomorrow but the shocking conversation we had with Sufi - our 7yr old eldest son. We make it a habit to chat with him every night before we tuck him to sleep. Asking him on what he did at school, how he enjoyed the day at school and anything that make him happy or sad... apart from his school work.

Earlier today, he just shoot a questions like this, 'Bapak what is F-U-C-K(he spelled it out)?' *dussshhh*!!! And our jaws dropped for a moment. Not forgetting Sara was at our home too & she goes grinning with blanks on her face. hhmmm.. So slowly we asked him, where did he hear the word from?

And Sufi start his story by mentioning that his 4 clasmates (boys) were calling each others by that F*** word in front of him...

How can a 7 yr old kid knows that kind of word, unless someone at home is using it?

Rid & myself may be very loud at home, sometimes screaming but we do not say uncensored or vulgarities at home. So the word came as an alien vocab to my kid.
We were trying to reason out, maybe the classmates parents are trying how to explain 'intercourse' but do not know how to put it nicely. But to think back, theres other words to describe as instead of F***...

Goshh! And so Rid explained to Sufi that it is a bad word describing bad actions, so refrained from following others saying it & stop yourself from saying it. Its self-discipline (akhlak).

For now, he understood.

We prayed that our children become good children with good manners, we do not asked of them to be clever or genius, but a better person with a good heart.

Insya Allah. Amin.

No comments:

PRINCES OF ANCHORVALE CASTLE


The Office Room Curtain

The Office Room Curtain
The only curtain that I had sewn for past 5yrs!

Perfect Match

Perfect Match
I read this novel in early year 2008. A beautiful, sad, full of sacrifices family tale...

My Sister's Keeper

My Sister's Keeper
Another novel by Jodi Picoult, one of my favourite novelist. Read this in early 2008 too.. A heart-wrenching story about how sacrifices evolves and how a parents' love can affect you...Recently featured in StraitsTimes that a sequel will start soon in Hollywood. I cant wait!