All about ME

My photo
Anchorvale Link, Singapore
A mother of 3 boys. I love motherhood! Married to a loving husband who adores his family. I am a Founder, Trainer and a Birth Doula certified, I loved my profession. All Rights Reserved. A courtesy notes, please do not republish, reprint or copy pictures without my permission. Greatly appreciated! Do leave me a note or so whenever you take a peek @ my blogs.. Cheers!!

Thursday, April 8, 2010

My randoms in between SAHMing & WAHMing

Today, I had lunch at 12.30pm exactly after I managed to cook 'asam pedas' quite fast & deliciously to my expectations *winks* and start with my WAHMing with replying queries, appointments to be arranged and preparing to mail out receipts. And not forgetting planning for new promotions for collaborations with MMW Joint-Partners.
Up till today, since my last day of service with a Company few years back, I realised I still prefer to work, not only as self-employed but to work in a part-time or freelance environment. I am not sure why exactly, partly due to laziness to wake up early morning which I can't deny at all. But more than that, I can't really specify the exact reason to love working short hours. Sometimes I feel that I am totally lazy to dress according to the corporate demands, report to higher authority or so on... But I realised, I just missed home badly if I am glued to any Office Chair!
Thou I missed badly the 'CPF' monthly contribution stabilising, I missed those AGMs, I missed those paid MCs, I missed HR! I just can't, can't bring myself to wake up early morning, preparing mad-rush breakfast, leaving my kids at home with a helper & me working almost invisible from home.

All this rantings came in when a friend sent me a note... 'everyday sitting at home, with no fix income is better off go out & work your ass out & feel the luxury of dollars...'

Crude. or simply self-proclaimed.

Whatever it is, I am not offended at all. To each of its own. And I didn't seat around the house doing nothing. I do not cook 7days a week, I do not sit at home 24/7 doing nothing. I work from home. Period.

The satisfactions of individual differs. I prefer to work part-time. Or at least like the last time where I work Freelance managing MMW & a had a helper, so at least I know my kids are not away frm me too long. And I still get to work short hours, be with family & still earns... Not rich but able to call myself a 'working-mum'. Ahahhh! Self-proclaimed!

Different mothers bond differently, its the real truth. And I am one who prefers to do it this way. Be a Sahm/Wahm at the same time and bond it my ways... Even if MyMumsWorld (S) is no longer in the 'big' picture, I will still work part-time... Like I mentioned, I can't afford to wake up religiously every morning to go out & work... And do not mentioned that my husband salary is big, its just 'peanuts' for a family of 5 members... Enough to get by. Tiny. Period.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marlini, Thanks for the great post. I feel compelled to comment on it. Well, it is not as if you are sitting at home, twiddling your thumbs or going out shopping all day, everyday! The SAHM and WAHM friends I know 'work' harder than some career ladies I've encountered. The value that they add to their household goes beyond economic dollars and cents. And I'm sure your children will be thankful for your decision. I know I am grateful to my parents - my mom took real good care of us during our school years, joining my dad at his workplace only when we enter varsities. Enjoy your weekend with your family! :)

Eti Karim said...

dear Marlini, being a SAHM / WAHM requires more guts than anybody else ok! Not to mention you gotta be super organised, super focused, super "juggler", if you know what I mean... SAHM or WAHM, I wish I am one, whichever one!

by the way, you are tagged again... sorry :-) do, don't do... no worries...

Marlini Ridlis Ismail said...

Hi beautiful Crafter... thank you for those encouragements.. I hope you will be enjoying your SAHMing & WAHMing as much as I do!
You too, have a great day!

sereez said...

http://www.ehomemakers.net/en/index.php

there's an article related to your post that i would like to share (written by the ehomemaker's founder..)

and yaa....i hate the morning hectic too and other time yg terkejar2....

Sara said...

why did you post such touchy post? or did anyone out there hurt you? tell me! hehe. once i'm married with kids, hopefully i can be a super mother, and a super juggler! hehehee. :)

Marlini Ridlis Ismail said...

Thanks Eti.. life is wonderful be it a FTWM, SAHM or WAHM as long as you keep the faith...

Marlini Ridlis Ismail said...

Thanks Sri, always there for me... I will be reading it soon, and thanks for the tips for the KL.

Marlini Ridlis Ismail said...

My xiao-meimei, haha.. my randoms are catching lots of attention... Im not offended neither am I sad... Its me just love to write, thanks to it I have tonnes of idea pouring in for my e-journalism groove...

PRINCES OF ANCHORVALE CASTLE


The Office Room Curtain

The Office Room Curtain
The only curtain that I had sewn for past 5yrs!

Perfect Match

Perfect Match
I read this novel in early year 2008. A beautiful, sad, full of sacrifices family tale...

My Sister's Keeper

My Sister's Keeper
Another novel by Jodi Picoult, one of my favourite novelist. Read this in early 2008 too.. A heart-wrenching story about how sacrifices evolves and how a parents' love can affect you...Recently featured in StraitsTimes that a sequel will start soon in Hollywood. I cant wait!